Proving that music can literally change the world, Ziggy Marley is uniting with ten other world renowned artists on a CD designed to rid the world of a lingering disease that continues to disable children – polio.
The CD, End Polio Now, features a global collection ofsongs performed by Rotary’s celebrity polio eradication ambassadors from the music industry. Spanning nine countries these artists have donated their tracks to support the fight to end polio. All proceeds from End Polio Now will go directly to Rotary International’s polio eradication campaign.
In addition to Marley, some of the other featured artists include polio survivors David Sanborn, Itzhak Perlman, Donovan, and members of the Congolese band, Staff Benda Bilili. The collection also features a new track Zindagi by Indian artist Tanvi Shah, known for her work on Slumdog Millionaire
Rotary’s End Polio Now campaign raises funds to make sure every child throughout the world receives access to the oral polio vaccine. Though polio has declined rapidly since 1985, the fight isn't over and for as little as 60 cents, a child can be protected for life. Join the fight to end this disabling and potentially fatal disease. Together we can make history and create a polio-free world.
End Polio Now CD artists
- Ziggy Marley, reggae star and son of the great Bob Marley of Jamaica: Personal Revolution
- Itzhak Perlman, renowned classical violinist and polio survivor: Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto in E Minor, Op. 64 (Last Movement)
- Zeynab Abib, singing sensation from Benin: Sauver Les Vie De Nos Enfants
- Staff Benda Bilili, soukous band founded by polio survivors on the streets of Kinshasa, D.R. Congo: Polio
- Angelique Kidjo, award-winning singer and songwriter from Benin: Kelele
- Donovan, folk-rock icon and polio survivor from the UK: There is a Mountain
- Dan Maraya Jos, a legendary Housa griot from Nigeria: “Radio Jingle”
- Tanvi Shah, acclaimed singer from India known for her work on motion picture soundtracks: Zindagi (with JHawk)
- Nydia Caro, multi-talented Puerto Rican-American actress, singer, and composer: Lullabie
- Eric Wainaina, multi-faceted singer-songwriter from Kenya: Sawa Sawa
- David Sanborn, jazz artist and polio survivor from the US: Little Flower Flower
Places to purchase the End Polio Now CD:
Shop Rotary: http://shop.rotary.org/End-Polio-Now-Album/dp/B009W69522